Church of San Bernardino


Church of San Bernardino
The church was built in 1851 as we can see from an inscription on the portal. According to tradition, it was erected on the site where San Bernardino paused in his great journey of preaching. It  was already mentioned in the 18th century and was rebuilt in 1954 after World War II.

Church of San Rocco


Church of San Rocco
The church of San Rocco was built in 1656 as thanks to the saint by the citizens who survived the plague. It is the only building that survived the destruction that hit Roccaraso during the Second World War.

Church of Santa Assunta


Church of Santa Assunta
The church is located on the square in front of the northern gate to the fortress. It was probably founded in the first half of the 16th century and then later remodelled and expanded.   It reached its final structure in the early 17th century. Seriously damaged by the earthquakes of 1703 and 1706, it was finally destroyed during the Second World War, to be completely rebuilt and re-consecrated...